Ashland Cultural Council Announces Deadline to Submit Grant ApplicationsSep 29, 2020 10:47AM ● By Cynthia Whitty
Each year the volunteer members of the Ashland Cultural Council (ACC), under the guidance of the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC), awards grants to qualified applicants. These grants support a variety of artistic projects and activities in Ashland, including exhibits, festivals, field trips, performances in schools, workshops, and lectures.
“During these difficult times, art is an antidote to our community’s well-being,” Visi Tilak, an ACC member, said. “ACC continues to look for diverse grant applications from Ashland and surrounding areas that can add to the rich culture of our community. While there are several talented artists in and around Ashland, the hope is that we learn more about these artists and their work.”
The application timeline for the 2020-21 grants has several changes from previous years, when the application was due mid-October. This year proposal applications are due by Nov. 16.
• On Oct. 1, 2020, the online application opens.
• Between Oct. 1 and the deadline, Nov. 16, applicants may access the online system to complete and submit applications. A link to the application system can be found under the “Apply Now” tab for every council profile. Users will be prompted to create an account for the online application system. Once logged in, users can begin to complete their form online. Once the application is complete, it can be saved and submitted to the chosen council. Users will receive a confirmation email notifying them that their application has been submitted successfully. Applicants can still apply to more than one council.
• Grant applications must be submitted to the LCC through the online system by the deadline, Nov. 16, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
• In December 2020, the council will hold voting meetings to make decisions on applications, send denial letters, and handle reconsideration requests.
• By January/February 2021, councils submit their Annual Report to MCC, and will begin to notify applicants.
The mission of ACC is to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences, in order to improve the quality of life for all Ashland residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of the community. ACC’s cultural projects take place in schools, community centers, libraries, elder care facilities, town halls, parks, and wherever communities come together. In recent years ACC sponsored the Dragonfly Festival, the Mystery Book Festival, events organized by the Friends of the Ashland Public library, the Ashland High School Robotics Club, and items for the art room at the Warren School and the Ashland Middle School.
For grant information and FAQs, visit www.mass-culture.org/lcc_public_applicant_process.aspx. For more information on ACC, visit www.ashlandmass.com/236/Ashland-Cultural-Council. To join ACC, fill out the Talent Bank form on the town website, www.ashlandmass.com/formcenter/talent-bank-form-16/talent-bank-form-56.