Ashland Farmers Market Opening Day June 11
Expect an exciting return of the weekly Saturday gathering that brings fresh local produce, unique products, favorite vendors, ready to eat foods, live music, new kids’ activities, special event days, and local artisans. Kicking off the live entertainment on the Scott Vincent Buchanan Bandstand for Opening Day, June 11, is Railroad House Band.
Juneteenth, the USA’s newest national holiday, will be acknowledged on June 18. To celebrate the freedom of enslaved people in the United States at the end of the Civil War, the Ashland Farmers Market will celebrate African-American culture with Sentie’s African BBQ, Salimata’s West African dishes and Yamacu ginger drinks, and Paulette’s Camaroon-influenced peanut sauces and authentic African dishes. AREA and Ashland Is United members will attend the farmers market to explain the holiday before they start their big Juneteenth celebration at the Corner Spot at noon. Shop the market early, then head over to the Corner Spot to celebrate.
The Annual Strawberry Fest is June 25, when several food vendors create seriously inventive strawberry offerings. It’s an opportunity to showcase the culinary creativity of Ashland’s vendors. If you are a strawberry fan, this is your day!
This season the market will host several new vendors:
• For those shoppers who have asked for a wider range of healthy eating choices, check out gluten-free Jennifer Lee’s Bakery, a completely Top 9 allergen free and vegan bakery.
• For those who have been seeking whole wheat bread, new Swanski’s Bakeshop has arrived with that and more.
• To replace dairy, try the almond butters and bars from Beckah’s Bangin’ Butter.
• Or sample the Farmer Foodie’s plant-based, gluten free, organic, shelf stable cheeze.
• For cow’s milk fans, explore the many varieties of artisan cheeses from Bell & Goose Cheese Company. Find your favorites: camembert, feta, Swiss, havarti, mustard seed butter cheese, cheddar, thistledown, Hunca Munca, Rockingham, and more.
• Looking for a quick and easy baking experience? Try Nana’s Best handcrafted small batch gourmet baking mixes from vintage family recipes.
• Coffee lovers will be pleased to find Flores de Café, the new coffee vendor selling hot and iced coffee and packaged Colombian coffee beans.
The Ashland Farmers Market will accept SNAP and offer a match up to $25 per person each week, thanks to a special grant from the MetroWest Foundation.
To learn when your favorite vendors, artisans, or musicians are coming, when to prepare for special events like Farm Day, Dog Day, and Harvest Brunch, make sure to sign up for a weekly market eBlast. Or visit the website, AshlandFarmersMarket.org.
Shop more than 35 tents on the green each Saturday from June 11 to October 15, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM - rain or shine – at 125 Front Street, across the street from the Ashland Public Library. Bring your r