See You at Ashland Farmers Market
• Destination for “foodies” and folks who care about what they eat and care about food’s role in the survival of the planet.
The Ashland Farmers Market offers whole foods rather than highly processed foods; locally grown foods, rather than foods trucked in from distant distribution centers. It offers produce grown organically and through environmentally responsible practices. And it offers products from animals that are sustainably raised and humanely handled.
• Place to see your neighbors, enjoy live music and break bread together.
Come for breakfast, stay for lunch. Enjoy a variety of free concerts with jazz, pop, folk, or rock each week in July from 10:30 to 12:30.
• Fun family destination with an active Kid’s Corner and special event days.
Kid’s Corner from 9:30 to 10:30. Games, crafts, and Outlast Blocks. Mark your calendar for Farm Day on July 23 with barnyard animals and tractors to climb on.
• Up to $25 SNAP matching program, and HIP for free fresh produce.
Bring your SNAP EBT card to the green Market Manager tent for an extra $25 each time you shop at the market. Long Life Farm and Upswing Farm offer the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP) for free vegetables and fruits. And some food vendors accept WIC and Senior Coupons.
• Eric the Knife Sharpener on July 9.
Bring your knives, tools, and scissors to be sharpened while you shop.
• Local artisans and their handmade works.
Support local businesses when you seek out unique soaps, jewelry, handcrafted cards, upcycled bags, and more.
To sign up for weekly eBlasts and find out what’s happening, go to www.AshlandFarmersMarket.org. Join us each Saturday 9-1 in downtown Ashland at 125 Front Street, across from the Library. Remember to bring your reusable shopping bags or use ours.