Community Aggregation Program
Ashland’s 100% Green Energy Program
Ashland is continuing the Municipal Aggregation Program for residents and businesses. The Program rate will be $0.15988 per kWh and uses 100 percent green energy which is MAReq and 25% MA Class Recs. The basic Eversource service rate is $0.17215 per kWh.
“We’re pleased to continue offering an electric supply price that is less than Eversource’s basic service rate. As Eversource costs continue to rise, participants in the program should see even more savings in the future.” said Town Manager Michael Herbert.
No action is required by individual consumers. All accounts currently enrolled in the Program continue to be enrolled.
There are no enrollment, early termination, or cancellation fees attached to the Ashland electricity program. Residents who choose to opt-out can also opt-in at a later date if they so choose at no cost. However, anyone switching from a contract with a third-party supplier may be subject to penalties or early termination fees charged by that supplier. Ratepayers should verify terms before switching.
Basic Service rates change twice a year or more, depending on rate class. As a result, the aggregation rate may not always be lower than the Basic Service rate. The goal of the aggregation is to deliver savings over the life of the program against Eversource Basic Service. However, such savings and future savings cannot be guaranteed.
Residents may also visit colonialpowergroup.com/ashland or call (866) 485-5858 ext. 1 to learn more about Ashland’s Community Choice Power Supply Program or to opt-in or opt-out.
For additional information, contact [email protected]
Community Choice Power Supply Program Aggregation Plan
Click here for information regarding the Aggregation Plan Public Review.
The Community Choice Aggregation program is administered through Colonial Power. In the past five years, the program has saved rate payers over $1 million in electricity costs through the bulk
purchasing advantages of aggregation. Existing Eversource customers will be automatically enrolled in the Ashland Community Choice aggregation program, unless they choose to opt-out.
• Customers may leave the program at any time without early termination fees.
• Customers will continue to receive one bill from Eversource.
• Customers will continue to send payment to Eversource.
• Eversource will continue to respond to emergencies and outages.
• Reliability and quality of service will remain the same.
• Budget Plan/Low-Income delivery rate customers continue to receive benefits from Eversource. Aggregation Documents
• Public Notice - DPU 20-101 Ashland Notice of Filing and Public Hearing 2.2.21
• Public Notice - Community Choice Aggregation - 12 2020